Sunday 16 October 2011

SSIs ask commerce ministry to amend notification to remove monopoly of GS1 in barcoding


Even as the Department of Pharmaceuticals (DoP) has expressed its willingness to once again take up the barcoding issue with the union commerce ministry, the industry has demanded that the exporters should not be mandated to the use of 'GS1 Global Standard' for barcoding as other cheaper and better barcode technologies are now available.

The industry, especially the small and medium industry, has asked the department to make the necessary amendments in the commerce ministry's notification No: Public Notice No.21 (RE-2011)/2009-2014 New Delhi, Dated the 10th January, 2011 under which barcoding was made mandatory for pharma exports in the country.

In a submission to the department, the SME Pharma Industries Confederation  (SPIC) said that in Para 3 of the notification, the “Barcode technology as per GS1 Global Standard” should be replaced with “Barcode Technology”.  And in Para 3 (a), incorporation of 2D (GS1 Data Matrix), should be replaced with “incorporation of 2D” and “identification code (GTIN)” should be replaced with “identification code”. Similarly, the serial number of Primary pack should be deleted.

In Para 3 (b), the SPIC has suggested that “identification Code (GTIN)” should be replaced with “identification code” and in Para 3 (c),“identification Code (GTIN)” should be replaced with “identification code”.

Supporting its demand for the amendments in the notification, SPIC said that the monopoly given to M/s GS1 over the entire Indian exports needs to be removed as there are many other similar Barcode providers. If all Indian companies use GS1, it can be easily counterfeited once it is known that it is GS1 GTIN series. Removal of serial number on primary pack will avoid the additional cost of printing each and every strip (primary pack) or undividable unit of medicine i.e. vial or bottle or ampoule or ointment tube or eye drop etc, it said.

Besides, the SPIC has suggested that if the importer or importing country does not require barcodes or requires a specific type of barcode, then this notification should not be applicable to them.

1 comment:

  1. I was haven herpes 2 on my private part. I have had them for about 2 and a bit years. I am so scared what my mates are going to says if there should fined out i have herpes on my private part and due to the virus my girlfriend broke up with me. I have been to the Doctors 9 times to get it treated. They all come back. I have been using Tee Tree Oil and Wartner (You freeze them at home) and they seem to be keeping the smaller herpes small but they can't seem to treat the larger ones. They don't get any bigger, but then they can't shrink as much. They get smaller a little part at a time. At least they are getting smaller! As soon as I see a new herpes appearing, then I treat it. At the moment I have been using Tee Tree twice a week and then using Wartner every 2 weeks. I was wondering if there was any other information about how to get rid of it. I am only a teenager and I hate it most when it get pi-chins me to scratch it, it get sweets when scratching it most times! I want to get rid of it so bad! DR.ONOKUN website has been a huge help and has helped me realize a lot more about me and my family of genital herpes! so that was when i switch for natural remedy to see if there could be any help by herbal remedy, i search and i saw a great posts by Sarah devise adebayo ehijactor and shanttel Merritt on about the great herbal doctor that get them rid of there disease infection. and this great herbal doctor was called DR.ONOKUN so that was when i contacted him for my own treatment and he prepared me some herbs which i takes for some couples of days, and i take it as he says before i am to no me and my family was perfectly cure for it and never experience it again. please friends if you have herpes virus and you really wants to get rid of it, please contact this great DR.ONOKUN for herbal treatment and you will get rid of it. EMAIL. dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com 

    ReplyDelete