Monday 31 October 2011

How to lower cholesterol without statins?


There are many ways to lower your cholesterol without using statin drugs. And there are numerous reasons not to take statin drugs. Statin drugs have numerous side effects. The main side effects of statin drugs include liver toxicity, muscle cramps, nausea, heartburn and hair loss. Transient global amnesia is now known to be associated with statin drug use, with thousands of cases of statin drug uses reporting severe memory disturbance.


What is cholesterol?
Cholesterol is a naturally occurring substance that is made in the liver. It forms the membranes of our cells and our hormones. Even the American Heart Association agrees that cholesterol is "an important part of a healthy body." Cholesterol also occurs naturally in foods from animal sources, including red meat, dairy, egg yokes, shellfish, and poultry.
Blueberries
Blueberries have been shown to lower cholesterol in pigs. Researchers concluded that the flavonoids in blueberries give them their anti- cholesterol effect, acting as an antioxidant and protecting the blood vessels from inflammation. One study showed that blueberries reduced the LDL and HDL by 8-15 %.
Vitamins
A cholesterol lowering diet should also include Manganese, B6, Vitamin C,Vitamin K, and lots of fiber. Vitamin E has long been known to lower the risk of heart disease. Most usage is a form of Vit E called alpha-tocopherol. Tocotrienol, another form of Vitamin E is sixty times more potent than the other kinds of Vit. E.
Fiber
Fiber in the diet aids in cholesterol reduction. Even the makers of Cheerios now advertise that their cereal reduces cholesterol. Oatmeal and oats in general are good sources of fiber. Other easy to assimilate fiber sources are potatoes and apples. Exercise also plays a big part in a cholesterol-lowering lifestyle.
Red rice yeast is one of the best supplements to use for lowering cholesterol. This is available at health food stores. Rice yeast is made from the shell of rice, and is also high in fiber.
Grapes
Red grapes are high in polyphenols that protect against both cancer and heart disease. Compounds in red grape juice can lower cholesterol and other cardiovascular risk factors. Drinking just 100 ml a day- even from the frozen concentrate- can lower LDL levels. Other red fruit, such as pomegranates, may have the same effect.
Maintain a cholesterol level around 160, enjoy many servings of dark colored fruits and vegetables, maintain an active lifestyle and you will enjoy good cardiovascular health.

Red Yeast Rice
Red Yeast Rice (RYR) has been shown to lower cholesterol. In fact, statin drugs are a synthetic form of a compound found in Red Yeast Rice. RYR is used in Chinese cooking. It is what makes Peking Duck red and is a common food coloring agent. Care needs to be taken when consuming RYR, as it can interfere with other drug reactions. 

source:- Helium

1 comment:

  1. I was haven herpes 2 on my private part. I have had them for about 2 and a bit years. I am so scared what my mates are going to says if there should fined out i have herpes on my private part and due to the virus my girlfriend broke up with me. I have been to the Doctors 9 times to get it treated. They all come back. I have been using Tee Tree Oil and Wartner (You freeze them at home) and they seem to be keeping the smaller herpes small but they can't seem to treat the larger ones. They don't get any bigger, but then they can't shrink as much. They get smaller a little part at a time. At least they are getting smaller! As soon as I see a new herpes appearing, then I treat it. At the moment I have been using Tee Tree twice a week and then using Wartner every 2 weeks. I was wondering if there was any other information about how to get rid of it. I am only a teenager and I hate it most when it get pi-chins me to scratch it, it get sweets when scratching it most times! I want to get rid of it so bad! DR.ONOKUN website has been a huge help and has helped me realize a lot more about me and my family of genital herpes! so that was when i switch for natural remedy to see if there could be any help by herbal remedy, i search and i saw a great posts by Sarah devise adebayo ehijactor and shanttel Merritt on about the great herbal doctor that get them rid of there disease infection. and this great herbal doctor was called DR.ONOKUN so that was when i contacted him for my own treatment and he prepared me some herbs which i takes for some couples of days, and i take it as he says before i am to no me and my family was perfectly cure for it and never experience it again. please friends if you have herpes virus and you really wants to get rid of it, please contact this great DR.ONOKUN for herbal treatment and you will get rid of it. EMAIL. dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com 

    ReplyDelete