Thursday 27 October 2011

Phosphatidylserine can benefit a person with age related memory loss



Phosphatidylserine is a type of molecule found in every cell in the body. Made of  amino acids and fatty acid, these molecules are vital to life itself. Derived from lecithin found in soybeans, phosphatidylserine  was first isolated in 1942 from bovine cortex. phosphatidylserine is an important nutrient that acts as a building block for brain cells. While the modern diet may contain 150 mg a day of this nutrient, the daily recommendation is 600 mg per day. 



Phosphatidylserine  works by enhancing glucose metabolism in the brain cells. This assists the neurotransmitters to speed information  in the brain. The chemical reaction of phosphatidylserine  helps grow new receptors on the cell membrane, thereby allowing for more information to be sent between brain cells. The neurotransmitter, acetylcholine is responsible for memory functions in the brain. phosphatidylserine rebuilds the supply of that important brain nutrient. phosphatidylserine  also makes choline more available to the cells, and also increases the dopamine, a substance known to aid in depression and mood.
Brain benefits from taking phosphatidylserine
With aging, the amount of actylcholine in the brain decreases, and this slows brain function. Adding phosphatidylserine to the diet increases memory, mood, and concentration. It inhibits stress by reducing the adrenal hormone, cortisol. phosphatidylserine has been shown to increase attention span and being studied for use with Attention Deficit Disorder, a condition that affects both the young and the older populations. phosphatidylserine can relieve symptoms of depression and boost mood, as well as increase brain focus and enhance the brain’s ability to store new data.
Other health benefits of phosphatidylserine
In addition to benefits in cognition and mood, phosphatidylserine has been shown to aid muscle building, speed recovery from overuse injuries, and reduce exercise-induced stress. This is accomplished by a reduction on cortisol levels.
Safety
The American Food and Drug Administration (FDA) has designated phosphatidylserine as Generally Recognized As Safe (GRAS) when taken in the recommended daily dose. This designation means that the product is considered safe by experts. The designation exempts phosphatidylserine  and other GRAS products from the usual FDA restrictions and requirements. It has been found to be compatible with most pharmaceutical drugs.

Recommended dosage of phosphatidylserine
The recommended dosage of phosphatidylserine is 200 mg taken three times a day. 
Food sources of phosphatidylserine
Phosphatidylserine is found in the greatest quantities in organ meats such as liver and kidneys. Mackerel contains a large amount as well, as does eel, tuna and soft-shell clams. White beans also contain a good amount of phosphatidylserine. Small amounts are found in dairy and in some vegetables.
source:- Helium

1 comment:

  1. I was haven herpes 2 on my private part. I have had them for about 2 and a bit years. I am so scared what my mates are going to says if there should fined out i have herpes on my private part and due to the virus my girlfriend broke up with me. I have been to the Doctors 9 times to get it treated. They all come back. I have been using Tee Tree Oil and Wartner (You freeze them at home) and they seem to be keeping the smaller herpes small but they can't seem to treat the larger ones. They don't get any bigger, but then they can't shrink as much. They get smaller a little part at a time. At least they are getting smaller! As soon as I see a new herpes appearing, then I treat it. At the moment I have been using Tee Tree twice a week and then using Wartner every 2 weeks. I was wondering if there was any other information about how to get rid of it. I am only a teenager and I hate it most when it get pi-chins me to scratch it, it get sweets when scratching it most times! I want to get rid of it so bad! DR.ONOKUN website has been a huge help and has helped me realize a lot more about me and my family of genital herpes! so that was when i switch for natural remedy to see if there could be any help by herbal remedy, i search and i saw a great posts by Sarah devise adebayo ehijactor and shanttel Merritt on about the great herbal doctor that get them rid of there disease infection. and this great herbal doctor was called DR.ONOKUN so that was when i contacted him for my own treatment and he prepared me some herbs which i takes for some couples of days, and i take it as he says before i am to no me and my family was perfectly cure for it and never experience it again. please friends if you have herpes virus and you really wants to get rid of it, please contact this great DR.ONOKUN for herbal treatment and you will get rid of it. EMAIL. dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com 

    ReplyDelete