Saturday 15 October 2011

Flu Shot Now, CDC(Center for Disease Control) Urges


 Flu activity levels in the United States are currently low, making it the ideal time to get a flu shot, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention reported Friday.
In its first "FluView" report for the 2011-2012 flu season, the federal agency also said there should be plenty of vaccine available this season because the U.S. supply is projected to be at an all-time high.
"It takes about two weeks after vaccination for the body's immune response to fully kick in," Dr. Joe Bresee, chief of the Influenza Epidemiology and Prevention Branch, said in a CDC news release. "It's best to get vaccinated before activity begins so that you'll be protected once flu season starts in your community."
"We know from our first report for this season that influenza activity in the United States is low now, with few people going to the doctor for flu-like symptoms and few respiratory viruses testing positive for flu," Bresee said. "Though we can't predict the exact timing, we expect increases in influenza illness, hospitalizations and deaths in the next few weeks."
As of the end of September, more than 110 million doses of flu vaccine had been delivered in the United States and the total for this season is expected to be 166 million to 173 million doses.
"The good news is that the flu viruses this year's vaccine will protect against are very well matched to those flu viruses that are circulating now, so it's looking like we will have a vaccine that provides good protection this season to help keep influenza illness and serious complications down," Bresee said.
Most everyone 6 months and older should get an annual flu shot, the CDC recommends

1 comment:

  1. I was haven herpes 2 on my private part. I have had them for about 2 and a bit years. I am so scared what my mates are going to says if there should fined out i have herpes on my private part and due to the virus my girlfriend broke up with me. I have been to the Doctors 9 times to get it treated. They all come back. I have been using Tee Tree Oil and Wartner (You freeze them at home) and they seem to be keeping the smaller herpes small but they can't seem to treat the larger ones. They don't get any bigger, but then they can't shrink as much. They get smaller a little part at a time. At least they are getting smaller! As soon as I see a new herpes appearing, then I treat it. At the moment I have been using Tee Tree twice a week and then using Wartner every 2 weeks. I was wondering if there was any other information about how to get rid of it. I am only a teenager and I hate it most when it get pi-chins me to scratch it, it get sweets when scratching it most times! I want to get rid of it so bad! DR.ONOKUN website has been a huge help and has helped me realize a lot more about me and my family of genital herpes! so that was when i switch for natural remedy to see if there could be any help by herbal remedy, i search and i saw a great posts by Sarah devise adebayo ehijactor and shanttel Merritt on about the great herbal doctor that get them rid of there disease infection. and this great herbal doctor was called DR.ONOKUN so that was when i contacted him for my own treatment and he prepared me some herbs which i takes for some couples of days, and i take it as he says before i am to no me and my family was perfectly cure for it and never experience it again. please friends if you have herpes virus and you really wants to get rid of it, please contact this great DR.ONOKUN for herbal treatment and you will get rid of it. EMAIL. dronokunherbalcure@gmail.com 

    ReplyDelete